Content Rating 4+
3.5 / 5
Split Rail, Inc.
Weather, Utilities IOS
Great for hikers, sailors, pilots, astronomers, ham radio operators, or anyone that needs more information than a basic weather app.
● Astronomical, Nautical, and Civil sunlight times.
● Maidenhead coordinates for ham radio operators.
● Pressure, Density Altitudes, and Ceiling information.
● Maps view of the nearest weather station and its data including the METAR.
● Day and night user selectable font colors.
● It makes a great night stand clock!
● Barometric pressure indicator.
● Julian date options (JD, JDN, MJD, RJD).
● Course and Speed is displayed for devices that support it.
● Background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the actual sky conditions in your vicinity.
● Current weather station information for your location including “Feels Like” temperature, the Wind Chill or Heat Index based upon the temperature, wind, and humidity. A fine resolution of the current weather conditions is displayed including wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities as low as “<50” feet in some cases.
● Copyable current location coordinates so that they may be pasted into other apps.
● Many preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including the metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds, Degrees-Minutes.M, WGS 84, or Maidenhead coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, tenths of degrees, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
● Languages: English. Some translations for German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
** DISCLAIMER **
High density altitude adversely impacts aircraft performance. Data from this app should not be the sole source of this information.
DO NOT USE FOR FLIGHT PLANNING PURPOSES.
Fixed a start up crash when a badly formatted pressure was received.
Fixed coordinates E/W flag bug when location is at 0 degrees.
Other bug fixes and improvements.