Content Rating 4+
4 / 5
Education, Books IOS
See what these users are saying about Shakespeare Pro:
“It’s really great!”
—Kenneth Branagh, actor and director
“‘The app’s the thing.’ Hamlet was almost right. Great to see Shakespeare Pro superplaying with Shakespeare’s plays.”
—David Crystal, Linguist and Author of Shakespeare's Words
“The Shakespeare Pro qpp is simply terrific and filled with loads of wonderful information!”
—Ken Ludwig, Tony and Olivier Award Winning Playwright
Shakespeare™ is a free app with the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including apocrypha) and a searchable concordance to find the exact word or phrase you’re looking for (with “relaxed” searching to find words close to your search term).
Even though it’s free, the Shakespeare app is packed with these impressive features:
••• CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE by choosing from a variety of color combinations, change the font family and size, and jump around to different scenes.
••• QUALITY TEXTS are a top priority and our team spent years compiling and editing the best references available. In the updated editions, the text is even more clear and each individual character is uniquely identified—all 1,155 of them.
••• DETAILED SCENE BREAKDOWNS give you an overview of the scenes within each play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
••• THE SHAKESPEARE PASSPORT® is your virtual ticket to events and exhibitions all over the world. Just show the passport on your device for great benefits at participating venues. More information at ShakespearePassport.com.
••• BARDFIND™ is the easiest way to find a Shakespeare theatre or venue anywhere in the world.
If you’re looking for line numbers, the integrated Shakespeare’s Words glossary, a gallery of Shakespeare portraits, random quote generator, Shakespeare facts, check out Shakespeare Pro for these and other great features. If you’re a student, professor, actor, or just plain love the Bard, this must-have app ensures you have the complete works at your fingertips.
Like the new features? Having trouble and need support? Let us know at [email protected], at playshakespeare.com/support, on Twitter @playshakespeare, or Facebook facebook.com/PlayShakespeare
Have a question? Check out our FAQs: bit.ly/shakesfaqs
Works contained: All’s Well That Ends Well, Antony and Cleopatra, As You Like It, The Comedy of Errors, Coriolanus, Cymbeline, Double Falsehood, Edward III, Hamlet, Henry IV (Parts 1 & 2), Henry V, Henry VI (Parts 1-3), Henry VIII, Julius Caesar, King John, King Lear, Love’s Labours Lost, Macbeth, Measure for Measure, Merchant of Venice, Merry Wives of Windsor, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Othello, Pericles, King Richard II, Richard III, Romeo and Juliet, Sir Thomas More, Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, Timon of Athens, Titus Andronicus, Troilus and Cressida, Twelfth Night, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Two Noble Kinsmen, The Winter’s Tale, Sonnets, Venus & Adonis, Rape of Lucrece, A Lover’s Complaint, Passionate Pilgrim, Phoenix & Turtle, To the Queen
This is a HUGE update to bring iOS 13 compatibility to Shakespeare Pro as well as a few new features for Pro users, including:
• NEW! The Spanish Tragedy is now included in the app in the apocrypha section, complete with character descriptions and more.
• NEW! A collection of over 300 quotes are now in the Study section, sortable by speaker and play.
• NEW! Now you can read the original First Quarto of Double Falsehood
• A lot of small usability improvements and bug fixes
Of course, if you have any trouble get in touch with us at [email protected]
If you missed our latest releases, here are a few highlights for Pro users:
• NEW! Ask Siri to recite a random sonnet from the collection of 154 sonnets
• NEW! Ask Siri to recite a random quote from a collection of over 400 quotes.
• NEW! The First Quarto of King Lear is now included. The Shakespeare Pro app already contains the entire First Folio in original spelling, but now we've added an important Quarto.
• NEW! Comparison view: You can view any First Folio version side by side with the modern of the play. Even compare Folio and Quarto in the same view.
• NEW! Use any play as a cue script: just choose your character in the Character Highlighting settings.
• NEW! New settings to show/hide the top & bottom bars on iPad