- Browse Apps
- Browse Apps
Meet the new Units. Same as the old Units. Not.
Units was released just a week after the launch of the App Store, back in 2008. And after 5 years we have yet another major update for you. All for free. Naturally.
This might be version 2.0, but it's really a new app under the hood, with completely rewritten guts. Even the interface has gone under the knife for some serious nip and tuck. Our lead developer yelled and screamed for a pay raise. But you know how it is in small teams, there is always the issue of convincing the Accounts Dept. … unfortunately headed by the same person.
At first, you will notice a lot missing in this release. Gone are the mode buttons, settings screens and the three configurable shortcuts buttons. Simply pull down the keyboard to select any mode and units you want and you are good to go. 3 taps. Or choose from your own carefully curated list of shortcuts. 2 taps. Or use the brand new search function and skip the scrolling altogether. Power to you, sir.
What about settings? Gone. No more flipping back and forth each time you want to filter your lists, or force a currency update. We just integrated the main functions of the settings screen right where you might need them the most.
What else did we do besides getting rid of stuff? Well, there was one little feature we did manage to sneak in by trashing all those buttons. There's now a fully functional calculator built right in. You could probably find a use or two for that.
Hope you like Units 2.0 because it'll certainly like you. And faithfully keep serving your conversion needs till kingdom come. Because this little unit converter simply won't die.
Here are the changes in detail:
- finally, an integrated calculator, so you don't have to leave Units for quick and simple calculations during your conversions.
- simplified interface now makes it even faster to select modes and units.
- create as many shortcuts as you need, not just 3.
- search for units to convert instead of having to navigate through lists
- settings have been integrated into the app and you can now filter, reorder modes and units much more easily.
- added Acre-Feet, Acre-Inches to Volume.
- added Acre-feet per year to Volumetric flow
- fixed conversion errors for Therms in Energy mode
- optimized for iOS 6 and 4" devices
- minor bug fixes and major user interface improvements.