Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
Collins English Dictionary and Verbs
Reference, Education IOS
Over 140,000 definitions • Conjugates thousands of English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. You can count on our English dictionary and thesaurus to provide all the content you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the thesaurus to find synonyms and antonyms when you need them with no internet connection required.
• Over 75,000 entries with 140,000 definitions
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Thousands of biographic and geographic entries, as well as etymologies (root word histories)
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into English text with the number tool
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
Are you learning English? A monolingual English dictionary is a must-have tool for any English language learner. This app includes conjugations of thousands of English verbs in all standard forms. The all-English data also helps immerse students in the language, which is shown to increase proficiency and retention.
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes