Content Rating 4+
4 / 5
Collins Italian-English Translation Dictionary and Verbs
Reference, Education IOS
Over 95,000 translations • Conjugates thousands of Italian and English verbs • Hundreds of usage notes and examples • No internet connection required
Carry a dependable Italian and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Italian-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Italian or English text instantly.
• Over 70,000 entries with 95,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Italian and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Italian and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Italian-English to English-Italian
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
"The most useful language app for the iPhone - I've been using a number of iPhone apps to help me learn Italian. The dictionary is quite large. The at-a-glance conjugation tables are fantastic. And when I was learning numbers, the quick number pad was a brilliant help." -User review
"Buy it, it's the best - You get what you pay for in the AppStore. I tried all the other Italian translations tools as I'm learning Italian and living in an Italian speaking country. Prior to getting this tool I was frustrated to tears by the poor quality of the other tools." -User review
"This is an outstanding app, it has a deep database and you will leave your dictionary, phrase book and verb conjugation book at home when going to class or traveling (no need for an Internet connection either). Accurate translations, many idiomatic expressions given along with definitions."
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes