Optics Clinical Calculator is a vital tool for every general or refractive ophthalmologist, ophthalmology resident, optometrist, and optician. With Optics, you’ll have streamlined, intuitive access to calculators used daily in prescribing lenses and understanding optics.
** Featured as a Top Eye App in Review of Optometry, March, 2012! **
Results are provided instantaneously, with no additional steps required, and explanations of the formulas and their application are just a tap away, perfect for learning and review.
Don't waste your money on a program which just does 1/10 of what Optics Clinical Calculator provides you! Optics has no equal on the App Store.
• Base Curve
• Diopter to/from Radius (mm) Conversion
• Diopters from Focal Distance
• Intermediate and Near Vision Prescriptions from Standard Refraction
• Lens Power in Oblique Meridians
• Oblique Crossed Cylinders
• Ocular Curve
• Optical Center Decentration
• Slab-Off calculator (Induced Prism)
• Vertex Distance
• Beautiful, fast interface evolved especially for Optics from the acclaimed MediMath Medical Calculator, including unique wheel-based diopter entry
• Detailed explanations, including formulas and clinical notes, for each calculator (just tap the ‘i’) - perfect for review, cross-checking, and learning
• Optics always returns to where you left off
• Free upgrades for life, including requested additional calculators
Please let me know if there are other clinically relevant calculators you would like to see added in future free upgrades to Optics! I can’t respond to comments here in the App Store, so the best way to send a request is via email: email@example.com. Please also contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
• Updated for iOS 9+ and modern retina display iOS devices
The Developer Evan Schoenberg, M.D. also wrote the apps listed below, click the icon to visit the pages.