Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
Photo & Video, Music IOS
Apogee MetaRecorder is an extremely flexible two-channel audio recording app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with features to support a wide variety of unique and powerful workflows. Armed with multiple iOS devices and Apogee and Sennheiser hardware, you can capture superb audio in the field for interviews, conferences, audio for video and film, mobile broadcast, weddings, recitals, plus countless other applications.
Because it’s Apogee, audio is of the highest quality - recorded at a resolution up to 24-bit, 96kHz in WAV. or CAF format. Connect an Apogee audio interface or Sennheiser ClipMic digital or MKE 2 digital lavaliere mic for a professional quality input signal, and adjust hardware input gain and DSP (Sennheiser only) from MetaRecorder.
The Master-Satellite Link feature makes it possible to link one Master iPhone via Wi-Fi to up to 3 Satellite iPhones (also iPad/iPod Touch). Once the link is established, every action you perform on the Master is duplicated on the Satellites - create and name Scenes, initiate recording and playback, set input levels, choose Takes, add Markers, Keywords and Favorites, and share Scenes and Takes. It’s even possible to monitor Satellites’ audio - recording and playback - from the Master. This offers the best of a wireless system - convenience and flexibility - with the reliability of standalone internal recording - each Satellite records its own audio.
Master-Satellite Link opens a world of applications for audio-for-video, mobile broadcast, and even recitals, weddings and other public events.
MetaRecorder transforms your Final Cut Pro workflow as well. Apply metadata tags like Keywords, Favorites, Markers and more to your audio files while recording in the field, then share the recorded audio and Final Cut Pro XML files directly from MetaRecorder. When imported into Final Cut Pro on a Mac, the captured metadata greatly simplifies the process of organizing and parsing your media, substantially accelerating your post-production workflow.
With the free version of MetaRecorder, it’s possible to record up to 60 seconds of audio on up to 4 linked iPhones. The Full Version in-app purchase allows unlimited recording on a single device, while the Full Version with Multi-Device Support allows unlimited recording on up to 4 devices.
**For a limited time, connecting an Apogee or Sennheiser iOS audio interface unlocks the Full Version (single device) in-app purchase; the Multi-Device Support in-app purchase may be made later at a discounted price.**
- Sennheiser ClipMic digital
- Sennheiser MKE 2 digital
- Apogee JAM
- Apogee MiC
- Apogee ONE for iPad & Mac
- Apogee Duet for iPad & Mac
- Apogee Quartet for iPad & Mac
- Mono or Stereo audio recording, WAV. or CAF format, up to 96kHz 24-bit resolution
- Intuitive multi-Take recording and selection
- Master-Satellite Link creates a network of standalone recorders, commanded from a single Master iPhone
- Integration with Apogee audio interfaces and Sennheiser ClipMic digital and MKE 2 digital
- Metadata capture and export to Final Cut Pro XML format
- Share via Dropbox, AirDrop, Email,, zip, Message and iTune File Sharing (over a wired connection)
- Control essential features with Apple Watch
For more detailed information, consult the complete User Guide included with the app (Settings > Help) or see our website at the address below.
- Support for Sennheiser MK4 digital, connecting will unlock the Full Version (single device)
- Bug fixes, fix for MetaRecorder launching when recognized device connected