Earth and Space
$4.49This App helps in interactively exploring Earth and Space using 3D realistic simulations. This immensely helps to visualise complex concepts like phases of the moon, eclipses, ocean tides, earth-moon-sun system and many more.
Note - The app works completely offline.
The simulations in this App are 3D like and are designed very carefully to support multiple view points of the Earth-Sun-Moon system (Top view, Side view, Orthogonal view etc., wherever necessary). Suppose Earth is moved in top view, then its position also changes in side view correspondingly, thereby providing a very helpful & visual clarity of motion of these heavenly bodies from different views.
Touch the Moon, Earth or Planets to control and maneuver them to understand how the motions of these heavenly bodies cause seasons on earth, Tide formations etc.,
*List of simulations :
1. Order of Planets in Solar System - You can place the planets in the correct order from Sun. If they are placed in correct order, they rotate! Play and Learn!
2. Earth-Sun and Moon System - You can manually set the duration for the Earth or Moon to rotate. See why it takes 28 days for the Moon to rotate around Earth,how many times Moon rotates around Earth in a Year etc., Very interesting activities.
3. Causes of Seasons - See the Earth rotate in a 3 dimensional view and practically understand how seasons are formed at different poles.
4. Phases of the Moon - Step by Step you can touch and control the Phases of the Moon by rotating the Moon around the Earth.
5. Earth's rotation - Observe how Day and Night on Earth are formed
6. Lunar Eclipse - Find out how it appears from different parts of Earth? How is this formed? - Touch the moon to simulate Lunar Eclipse!
7. Solar Eclipse - How it appears from different parts of Earth? How is this formed? - Simulate and learn!
8. Do you know why a Lunar Eclipse cannot happen every full moon? - Understand it through this 3D simulation. Touch and rotate the Moon, Earth and find out yourself why it happens only on specific full moon days.
9. Ocean tides - Full moon/New moon - Do you know why there are spring tides and neap tides? You can touch and control the motion of moon and see how the ocean tides vary with the position of Moon - Real time simulation!
For Enthusiasts / Parents - Use this app to make your child practice and learn Science skills from these highly interactive & touch enabled game-like simulations that children would love to play with.
For Students - Perform the activities on the simulations presented on several figures and get ahead of your peers!
For Teachers - Use this app as a classroom tool to supplement teaching that enhances productivity. This app boosts your classroom productivity & provides a fun filled lab experience in your classroom...