Content Rating 4+
4 / 5
Plan trips and stay safer in the woods, with Gaia GPS.
Join hundreds of thousands of backpackers, hunters, offroaders, mountain bikers, backcountry skiers, firefighters, guides, and other serious outdoor adventurers and professionals that use Gaia GPS for work and play. Hike, hunt, and offroad with the best topo maps and outdoor navigation tools.
►► The Best App for Topo Maps
Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple's "Your Verse" stories, and covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn.
The name Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view easy-to-read, modern maps, with fast and beautiful rendering
• explore historic and classic print maps (USGS, USFS, NRCan, IGN)
• download worldwide topo, road, and satellite maps
• search for hiking trails, parks, natural places, and addresses, and tap features on Gaia Topo to get more info
►► Sync and Back-up
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
• share trip plans, and collaborate on shared folders
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• import and export GPX and KML files
• customize coordinates types (Decimal, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, Degrees - Decimal ........ read more
If you love Gaia GPS, help spread the word by leaving a review. Your review will also get bumped up, when you rate a new update.
Major release! Check out the new Discover tab, and find great places to hike based on the trips of other Gaia GPS users.
* search for hikes
* see nearby hikes, and search for hikes by park, city, trail, point of interest, or address
* filter hikes by length, ascent, popularity, and difficulty
* view pictures, stats, descriptions, and alternates for hikes
* guide along hikes, display hikes on the map, share, and get driving directions via your favorite Maps app (Apple or other)
* save hike info + map for offline use with one button tap, and see saved hikes on the main Map (Members only)
Also some bug fixes:
* bug fixes for iPad Pro users
* fix crash when viewing details of a Track, on old devices such as 5S, when photos are more than 70 or so
* dropping iOS9 support (while Apple recommends we support just iOS11/12, we also still support iOS10)