Content Rating 4+
5 / 5
••• Check out Bookends - References On Tap's big brother •••
References On Tap searches PubMed, PubMed Central, Google Scholar, JSTOR, LOC, arXiv and Web Of Science to find, display, and import reference information and pdfs of the full article (if you have access privileges). You can search your personal reference library, organize your references in groups (static and smart), and email references from your device to yourself or others in a form suitable for reading or importing into desktop reference management applications. Many features are optimized for reference retrieval and management (advanced boolean searches, search for Full Text or Free Full text, recall recent searches, etc.).
Note: PubMed sometimes mistakenly lists a restricted Full Text article as Free Full Text, and References On Tap identifies them as such. In these cases, you'll need access privileges to read the Full Text.
• PubMed On Tap (now References On Tap) is included in the Online LPN to RN guide to Terrific Apps Every Nurse Should be Using
• “Top 5 Apps you will really use.” — Practice Magazine, Optometrists Association Australia
• “PubMed On Tap for the iPhone: the National Library of Medicine in your pocket.” — Joel Topf, MD
• “School of medicine to study effectiveness of iPads in education.” — mactech.com
• “Libraries looking for ways that the iPhone might change user's ........ read more
• Rebranding: the name is now “References On Tap”.
• New icon.
• More search engines: Google Scholar, JSTOR, LOC, arXiv and Web Of Science.
• Updated pdf annotation engine.
• Search bar is drawn correctly in iOS 11.
• If you like References On Tap, please take the time to give us a nice review: it really helps.