Content Rating 4+
5 / 5
RefAid - Refugee Aid App
Reference, Utilities IOS
From the makers of LifeSpots, this app is for migrants and refugees, and for volunteers and organizations that help them. It shows the location and types of aid available on a map, with information about the opening days and hours. All of the aid shown in the app is from trusted aid organizations. The aid is categorized by type including: Legal/Admin/Info; Food; Shelter; Water; particular aid for Parents and Children, Unaccompanied Children, Women and Men; Health; Education; and Toilets and Showers.
The app is currently available in Europe, the United States and Turkey. The app only shows you what is available within 100 miles (150 kilometers) of where you are. There are services from more than 5,000 trusted service providers. Some services are available in multiple languages in addition to English, including Arabic and Farsi. More languages coming soon.
Don’t worry - we are not going to give this information to anyone (not police, not asylum authorities, no one)! And we won’t tell anyone where you are. We just want to show you help closest to you on a map.
No one can use this app to find or target you!
- A list of all aid nearby, with a description and location of the services
- A map view of aid nearby, shown by category of aid, using color coded icons
- Push notifications when there is urgent news in a particular location
- Many of the services are translated into multiple languages, including Arabic and Farsi.
- The app works offline - it lets you find services near you, and navigate to them when there is no internet.
Please note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The app can now be used offline! If you are in a place where you have no internet services near you will be stored for offline usage. In offline mode you won't be able to see services as far away as you can when the app is online, but hopefully you will find what you need near you.