Search Criteria Offline
Please select your topic
Health and Fitness
Photo & Video
Content Rating 4+
Octopus Investments, Ltd
*Octopus Choice: voted winner of the 2017 Moneyfacts Innovation Award*
Want to invest your money, but don’t like the idea of the stock market? Octopus Choice lets you target a great rate of around 4% a year (gross, or tax-free within your ISA) by investing in loans backed by bricks and mortar.
You can set up your account and start investing in just minutes, with a minimum of only £10. And there’s no fixed-term either – you can ask to withdraw at any time. Just remember, your capital is at risk and instant access to your money cannot be guaranteed.
With the Octopus Choice app, you can:
● Create your Octopus Choice account
● Check the balance and current interest rate of your Octopus Choice account (and Octopus Choice ISA, if you have one), see any interest earned to date, as well as all that’s due to paid, and get a full list of all transactions
● Top up your account. Remember, your capital is at risk: you may get back less than you put in
● Request a withdrawal. Remember, instant access can’t be guaranteed
● Set up or manage your monthly investing preferences
● Manage your account, including changing password, adding a new debit card or setting up bank details
● Invest using Apple Pay. Remember, your capital is at risk and instant access can’t be guaranteed.
And clients of advisers are able to use the app to review their investments, too.
We’d love to know what you think: if you have any feedback, large or small, get in touch at
KEY RISKS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF:
Octopus Choice is not a cash savings account: the value of an investment and any income from it, can fall or rise. You may not get back the full amount you put in.
Peer-to-peer investments are not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Money invested through Octopus Choice is concentrated in loans secured against property and could be affected by market conditions.
Instant access cannot be guaranteed.
Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change. Remember, too, that investing in an Innovative Finance ISA places your capital at risk, and is not covered by the FSCS.
Issued by Octopus Co-Lend Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number 722801). Registered in England and Wales (No. 08913299): 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT.
Version History Version 2.4
New investors no longer need to go online to create an account, they can do so straight from their device. And, for our existing investors, we've made a bunch of updates and tweaks to make it even easier to use, too. Remember, if you’re new to Octopus Choice, you should make sure you’re comfortable with the risks before creating an account.
- Fix crash after the card scanning process