HBK of Laboratory and Dx Tests
FreeDavis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests with Nursing Implications. Everything you need to know to understand how tests work, interpret their results, and provide quality patient care - pre-test, intra-test, and post-test.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
Based on: 7th Edition
Author: Anne M. Van Leeuwen MA, BS, MT (ASCP),Mickey L. Bladh RN, BSN, MSN
Publisher: F.A. Davis Company
Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests With Nursing Implications, 7th Edition is nursing-focused and easy-to-read, this handbook delivers all of the information you need to understand how tests work, interpret their results, and provide quality patient care—pre-test, intra-test, and post-test.
Tests and procedures are listed in alphabetical order by their complete name for quick reference. The integrated index allows fast searches by abbreviation, synonym, disease/disorder, specimen type, or test classification. Plus, a Body Systems Appendix includes a list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests for each body system as well as nutrition-related lab tests.
- U.S. and Canadian content
- ‘Common Use’ for each monograph to provide an at-a-glance description of what the test is for, presented in everyday language that patients will understand
- Monographs that focus on what you need to do before, during, and after each laboratory and diagnostic test, including…
- Patient Teaching
- Detailed coverage of patient safety
- “Sensitivity to Social and Cultural Issues” and “Nutritional Considerations,” where appropriate
- Diagnostic imaging monographs with explanations of the reasons for the test result
- Pathophysiology information that explains why a lab test result is increased or decreased
- Reference Ranges that are expressed in both conventional and SI units (with the SI unit conversion factor) and include age- and gender-specific variations when indicated and normal variations due to cultural considerations
- Interfering Factors, including food, natural products, timing of test, handling of specimen, underlying patient conditions, and drugs that may interfere with the results of the test
- Full-color tube top guide
- Unique coverage of laboratory and diagnostic tests for subspecialties, such as maternity, therapeutic drug monitoring, nutrition and sensory
- Cross referencing of related lab and diagnostic tests in every monograph
- “Body System” appendix that includes therapeutic drug monitoring and toxicology as well as nutrition-related lab tests
New to this Edition
- The most current information throughout
- Safe and Effective Nursing Care terminology in “Expected Patient Outcomes” sections
- New diagnostic studies, including fungal antibodies, bioelectric impedance analysis, prion disease, and West Nile virus
- Maple leaf icon pointing the way to enhanced Canadian content online in Fast Find: Lab & Dx tests, and much more
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now....