Content Rating 4+
4.5 / 5
Go Jauntly: Discover Walks
Go Jauntly Ltd
Navigation, Health & Fitness IOS
Go Jauntly is a free award-winning walking app. We help people discover new walking guides, connect with nature and enjoy outdoor adventures. We are a growing community so no matter where you are, download the app, enjoy existing walks (most of our walking routes are in the UK) and add your own favourite trails wherever you are, to help to spread, Happiness Outdoors!
- “Smartphones are often accused
of absenting their users from company, but this application
has the opposite effect.” The Guardian
- “GoJauntly recommends
places nearby that are good for
a constitutional.” The Telegraph
- "Fancy escaping the city for a stroll through the woods? This app lets you discover tailor-made walks in your area." BBC Focus & Science Focus Online
- Our research shows that walking makes people feel calm and happy and helps improve your mood. Did you know a short walk is as good as a long walk for that!
Using Go Jauntly outside of the UK? We have over 900 walks in app with the vast majority in the UK. We also have walks in places across the world such as Europe, Sydney, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Italy, Sri Lanka and many more destinations.
HEALTH & WELLBEING
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence describes walking as “the most likely way all adults can achieve the recommended levels of physical activity”. We know, it’s hard to change habits of a lifetime but in short, aside from the numerous health and mental health and wellness benefits, spending time outdoors and reconnecting with nature, is said to make us more relaxed, more creative, and more socially connected.
Download the Go Jauntly app for free and choose to use the basic features, or subscribe to the paid subscription version to support our venture and unlock all of our premium walks as a thank you!
Free to use
• Free to download
• Free access to shared community walks and some of the Go Jauntly team's favourite walks.
• Discover walking routes tailored through specially curated collections or search for a location
• Use our new walking map and be more active.
• Share your favourite walking trails by adding photos, directions and points of interest.
• 100% access to special premium curated walks and tours
• Supporting our venture to get more people walking and enjoying nature and the outdoors.
• Be first in line for VIP access to special walking events and guided tours.
Winner of Cities Tech for Good category from DigitalAgenda
Winner of Civic Innovation Challenge supported by The London Mayor & Transport for London
Webby Nominee 2018 - Voted top 5 Lifestyle App in the World
JOIN THE COMMUNITY!
The Go Jauntly community is a growing number of people from every walk of life. Whether you're a city worker keen to discover somewhere nearby for a lunchtime stroll or urban walks, a parent looking for a new playground or activity for the kids, or someone who enjoys epic hikes, tours, nature connection and wanderlust, the community is about discovery, sharing and celebrating the outdoors in all its guises. So come on in and discover the hidden gems!
Go Jauntly offers two optional auto-renewing subscription options:
£1.99 per month
£19.99 per year (12 months for the price of 10)
These prices are for United Kingdom customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Exciting news! Go Jauntly now includes audio-enhanced walking guides created in partnership with Liz Earle Beauty Co and narrated by ethnobotanist, tv presenter and gardener, James Wong. These walks have been designed to help UK city dwellers explore the great outdoors, connect with nature and help to keep you happier and healthier. Yay!
James Wong said: "Along with the physical benefits of taking a walk outdoors, there are important psychological benefits from being in nature such as relieving stress and anxiety as well as boosting mood, all whilst improving overall wellbeing" so get out and about and enjoying nature quick stat! Check out the brand new walking trails in-app now.
Aside from audio narrated routes, other new features include...
- Search for walks by walk name
- View walks by distance
- See an overview of the walking route on the map view to help you decide which epic jaunt to do next
Hope this version makes you as happy as us! If you run into any issues, get in touch at [email protected] or tweet us @gojauntly.
Stop scrolling, go strolling! x