Gaia Young Mind
£3.99Gaia Young Mind is a mental health and wellbeing app that supports the delivery of PSHE and SRE in schools, and allows children to find out important information, advice and guidance on a range of topics relevant to them, including bullying, healthy eating, self harm and depression.
It provides easy to read definitions, signs to look out for, and advice on where to get help in both your school and your community, encouraging primary school children to take control of their situations and to develop emotional intelligence and resilience. The app provides an easily accessible library of information to help young people resolve a number of issues they may face.
There are 4 sections. In each section there are topics relating to mental, emotional and physical health offering short punchy definitions, signs and advice on where to get help
• My Body - looking at issues around body image, eating disorders, healthy eating, puberty, and sex and gender
• My Mind - with advice about depression, self-harm and stress
• My Relationships - containing information on bullying, peer pressure, sexting, and sex and consent
• My Relaxation - 3 audio recordings ranging from 1.5 minutes to 10 minutes encouraging mindfulness breathing techniques
There is also a mood tracker with emojis reflecting: happy, ok, anxious, sad and angry moods
This feature allows children to track their daily moods and enable reflection on any patterns they see occurring, and possible links to things that have happened on those days that may be triggering that mood.
The app allows schools to:
- support pupil wellbeing and the delivery of PSHE and SRE in school
- signpost important organisations that provide advice and guidance for primary school children
- provide pastoral support for children through mood tracking and reflection
- provide information to teachers and parents about issues that children may be dealing with, and ways to support their mental and physical health
Who’s behind the App?
The app has been developed by Gaia Technologies, in collaboration with a number of schools across England and Wales. Gaia Technologies are the leading DfE approved provider of ICT products, ICT services, ICT solutions and ICT managed services to UK schools, colleges and universities....