Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
Reference, Navigation IOS
With the Droneguide mobile application, skeyes and the Belgian Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA) offer drone pilots support for their activities in Belgian airspace. Among other features, Droneguide provides an overview of the legal regulations applicable to the operation of a drone in Belgium. Professional (advanced) users also have the possibility to launch notifications from the application and to validate approved derogation requests.
Registered users may choose either a “basic” or “advanced” profile:
• The basic profile supports recreational users and class 2 flight licence holders.
• The advanced profile supports professional users who are permitted to operate class 1 flights. This profile also gives access to recreational and class 2 flights.
Creating an account only requires entering an e-mail address and password, possibly supplemented with references for executing class 2 and/or 1 flights.
The Droneguide application gives access to the following functionalities among others:
• Overview of drones and pilots managed by the user.
• Logbook in which for each flight the drone used, the time, the date and the location are recorded.
• Fly-Now feature to signal if other drones are flying nearby.
• Launch and follow up of class 1 flight notifications.
• Follow up of derogations requested for class 1 flights.
This update fixes an issue that prevented some planned operations from appearing in the calendar