Content Rating 4+
3 / 5
Photo & Video, Entertainment IOS
Have an iPhone X, XS, XR or an iPad Pro with TrueDepth camera? You can create/scan, view, export and share 3D models by utilizing the TrueDepth camera! On other devices you can use the ordinary camera mode or Screen Sharing.
The app is divided into two modes:
= Back-facing camera mode
- available for all devices
- manual camera focus
- sharing photos via built-in Wi-Fi server
= 3D Scanner (In-App Purchase)
- available only for the iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR and iPad Pro with TrueDepth camera as an in-app purchase (described why at https://hege.sh/faq.html)
- create 3D models by scanning everyday objects
using the front-facing TrueDepth camera
- after scanning, export the models into PLY (with colors)
and STL (without colors) file formats
- share exported models via built-in Wi-Fi server
- view the models in AR
- you can scan in pitch-dark environment!
- choose from the available scanning precisions — the higher
the precision, the shorter the scanner range
- objects in scanner range are highlighted in the live view
- switch to the passive Night Vision where there're no
explicit restrictions on the scanner range
- use the volume buttons as camera toggle
- share screen with another device so that you can better see what you're scanning (double-tap the video preview to enable it)
Instructions for the 3D scanner:
- move slowly when scanning
- make sure that most of the captured scene is within
the scanner range
- please read the FAQ at https://hege.sh/faq.html
The scanner isn't perfect and can fail when moving too fast or scanning a challenging environment (e.g. glass surfaces cannot be captured due to the nature of the TrueDepth sensor).
==== New in version 1.2.2
Bug fix: fixed crashing after tapping the Share button of a PLY/STL file on iPad.
==== New in the previous versions
=== New features:
– Improved color scanning!
– Added tuneable Color Improvement factor (iOS Settings app > Heges > Color Improvement)
– New scanning method (you can switch to the old one in the iOS Settings app > Heges > Use New Scanning Method [off])
– Better model manipulation in 3D viewers
– You can now choose model units: m, cm, mm or ft (in iOS Settings app > Heges > Exported Model Units)
– Added "Share" button for PLY and STL models (above the "Delete model" button): you can now AirDrop (or send to another app) a model from the 3D Scan detail screen! No need to go to the iOS Files app anymore.
– You can now start/stop scanning session from the device you are sharing screen to when using the Screen Sharing feature
=== Bug fixes:
– Fixed lighting bug in STL 3D viewers: models are now lighted across the whole surface — no more dark areas
– Fixed bug that caused Heges to crash after renaming file and immediately going back to the Library of scans
– Bug fix: exported model units are now being properly set based on the "iOS Settings app > Heges > Exported Model Units" settings
For more details please visit https://hege.sh/faq