Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
ISS Track 2
Education, Navigation IOS
ISS Track allows to see the position of the the International Space Station over an interactive map of the world or an interactive tridimensional representation of the globe.
You will be able to know if the International Space station will be visible (naked eye) from your local position in the next hours and find it when over you.
EASY TO USE
Launching the app you can immediately see the position of the International Space Station over a map of the globe and see if it's near you inside the visible circle
Knowing the position you can see it at naked eyes when it's over you at the right time of the day
With a simple touch you can also see the live webcam stream coming from the International Space Station.
You will watch the astronauts activities with video and audio, all live.
FUN AND PRECISE
ISS-Track is fun and precise at the same time.
Calculation of the position of the station is very accurate, the app uses the latest NASA code optimized for iOS to calculate it.
You don't get an approximated position, you get the EXACT position, speed and altitude of the Station updated any 3 second.
The route path is visualized over the map to evaluate if the station is coming near your position in the next hours (when meteorological and light condition are adequate you can see it without any instruments, just observing the sky naked-eye).
Time of day matters, you can't see it during the day but only when you have dark sky and the station still get the sun light, so usually after sunset for around 3 hours and before dawn (for a period of 3 hours)
You have the possibility to see it many times in a month and many nights you have 2 valid passages in around 90 minutes(the time it spends for a world complete orbit at 27 000 Km/h - 17 000 MPH)
After some time you will become expert to spot it in the sky as soon as it is on the horizon.
• Easy to use
• Perfect results as using pro orbital software but in an easy to use app
• Offers 6 different kind of map/3D globe on iOS 11 and iOS 12 (5 on previous release, plain map not available till iOS 10)
• Customizable latitude/longitude format
• Measure units in Km and Km/h or NM and MPH
• Zoomable movable interactive Map and 3DGlobe showing also night/day areas
• 'Keep Centered' function
• Circle area of visibility moving with the station
• Autodetect of your position and circle area of visibility around your position
• Autoupdate of the NASA orbital parameters for an always perfect precise position calculation
• Requires iOS 9 or successive
• macOS release available. Search on Mac App Store for 'International Space Station 2'
• Various layout improvements
• Bug fix