Content Rating 17+
1 / 5
Congee Home Recipe
Thanh Tung Vu
Lifestyle, Health & Fitness IOS
Just as Americans love chicken soup, Asians crave Congee. Easy to make and light on the digestion, Congee is a beloved comfort food from Shanghai to Manila. Ridiculously simple to prepare overnight in a slow-cooker, your breakfast will be soft, hot, and ready to eat in the morning. Also known as jook, kanji, hsi-fan, or zhou, it is basically rice porridge with a lot of water and a few other ingredients. There are thousands of variations, and congee can also be medicinal food.
Congee is not a Paleo recipe, but it’s as ancient as the hills and truly nutritious, especially if you use germinated brown rice. Check it out below. When we all learn to make congee the old-fashioned way, chronic disease will disappear!
+ Rice-Congee is a much overlooked soup and a comfort food of a lot of Asian peoples. This recipe is flavorful, light, and goes down real easy when you are feeling a little out of the weather. It looks harder than it actually is.
*** Many more type of Congee VietNam recipes ... All in one app.
- Discover tasty, easy-to-cook recipes offered in various thematic packages (e.g. “All-time classics”, “10 Minute Dishes”, incl. many vegan and gluten-free recipe ideas)
- HD video and image recipes guide you through the dishes
- Step-by-step photo instructions make recipes easy to follow
- How To-videos explain basic tips and tricks in the kitchen
- New recipes and How To-videos are added every week