Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
Note 3D - 3D/AR Modelling
Entertainment, Productivity IOS
I was looking for an easy to use 3D editor for iOS for a while, but I couldn't find anything. So, I made Note 3D. It's like a sketchpad, but instead of just drawing on the screen, you can draw in the third dimension too. Great for mindmaps, as well as 3D prototyping. Moving the camera can either be done manually via the joysticks, or by relying on moving the iOS device to move around the scene you're creating. This AUTOCAM frees up the screen to be used for other things.
Any drawing made in this app can be sent to any one of your friends using a generated SHARECODE, for them to explore, add on to, and even send back. Since inception, Note 3D has started to grow into something larger - becoming the most fully-featured 3D ecosystem on iOS.
Any drawing created within this app can be exported as a Collada (.dae) 3D model, and any .OBJ, .STL, .USDZ (and many others) file can be imported into your scene. I've built in Google's Poly warehouse right into the app too - letting you explore creations uploaded to poly.google.com by other users. In this way, it behaves like the warehouse on Sketchup.
The new GIF generator is the basis of Note 3D's mini social stream. An image is often not enough to show a 3D rendition or idea, and a video file is heavy. So, Note 3D takes advantage of .gif technology to communicate 3D ideas easily, without needing a collaborator to open a 3D file. If necessary, the 3D file can be sent to another user through a multitude of ways - SHARECODE or EXPORT.
Take photos and videos in augmented reality - for the first time ever, use a physical camera (with all its natural shakiness) in a digital world!
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 or 12.9)
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
iPhone XS & XSMax.
Apple A9 chip or later (those devices).
A MASSIVE UPDATE:
- 2D to 3D. Draw something on a 2D frame, and then place that onto 3D space - a highly efficient method of prototyping scenes.
- JOYSTICKS. No longer are you reliant upon moving the device to move around the scene. This means you can create with Note 3D anywhere, even when on a train or plane! In joystick mode (AUTOCAM OFF), Note 3D is super efficient, giving you 8+ hours of drawing time.
- UI. This is the final layout.
- NODE ASSISTANT. Whenever you select a node to edit, a secondary window shows up to help you with editing - drag up/down on the X/Y/Z columns to stretch and rotate your node.
- RECORD VIDEO, TAKE PHOTOS, CAPTURE GIFS.
- Trust me, there's more. You'll just have to explore.
Tutorials coming in 2019, stay tuned.