Content Rating 4+
5 / 5
Ready to Print
Education, Health & Fitness IOS
Learn Handwriting Skills the Fun Way!
Ready to Print is created and maintained by an Occupational Therapist with over twenty-five years of experience working with children. It is a comprehensive tool for parents, therapists and educators to help teach pre-writing skills to children in order to build a strong foundation for beginning printers.
We continue working to make Ready to Print the most complete writing development iPad app available, and continue to add new features.
Ready to Print progresses through the pre-writing skills in a specific order, so that children can master the visual-motor, visual-perceptual, and fine motor skills necessary for correct printing patterns. It is designed to teach children the correct patterns for printing, and to avoid bad habits that are difficult to change as the child gets older.
Ready to Print features 194 separate levels in 13 activities. The latest addition is the Touch and Drag activity, which helps students work on movement in one of four specific directions.
- It provides activities for both pre-writing skills.
- It's designed with a progression of skills that work towards correct printing patterns.
- It allows you to change size settings to match each child’s skill level.
- It features a progression from larger hand movements to smaller, more refined movements.
- It lets you choose which activity and level to begin on.
- It allows setting up multiple user profiles, and remembers skill settings and tracks progress for each user.
- It allows you to send progress reports via e-mail directly from the app.
- It detects if you're using an iPad mini, and adjusts sensitivity automatically.
- Choose from either sound effects or new professionally performed voice prompts.
Ready to Print works on any iPad size. Requires iOS version 12 or higher.
TeachersWithApps.com TWA Pick
FunEducationalApps.com Top Pick
Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award
Apps for Children with Special Needs (A4CWSN.com) Featured App
Visit www.ReadyToPrintApp.com for more professional reviews
Visit www.ReadyToPrintApp.com for more details!
-Based on feedback from educators, we have removed the sound made when an incorrect/missed action is performed by the user. Only correct input will produce a sound now.
-Updates to optimize screen layout for all iPad models.
-Other minor improvements and bug fixes.