A good bird (Story and games for kids)
FreeContent of the story:
1. There is a farmer plants a lot of trees in the garden, among them is a very old and big persimmon tree. Many birds like to perch on the persimmon’s branches to rest, preen their feather, and seek for worms.
2. One day the farmer has to visit his sick friend far away from home. For several days it is so hot and there is nobody water the trees in the garden.
3. Trees start to wither and uncle persimmon is not an exception. Uncle persimmon whispers with the birds: “My dear friends. I am too thirsty. Do you know where the water is? Can you bring me some water?”
4. The birds shake their head and talk: “The water is in the river but it is so far away from here. We can not bring you the water. It’s a very hard work.” And they talk to each other: “This tree is dying. There is no way we can save him. Let’s find other place to live.” Do as they said, the birds fly away and leave uncle persimmon alone.
5. There is a little bird which loves the persimmon a lot . He insists on staying with uncle persimmon. He says: “I will take the water for you. Don’t worry, please wait here and I will come back.”.
6. The little bird then flies to the river. He swallows the water and keeps them in his mouth. He flies back and drops the water to the root of the persimmon. After that he flies back to the river and takes the water to the garden again and again.
7. One wood-pecker is seeing that. He says: “What are you doing, little bird? I think that your effort will leads to nothing. Your water is too little, the trees here will all die anyway.”
8. Little bird says back: “I don’t know if it could work, but I will try my best to save my loving trees”. The wood-pecker just sights and flies away, leaving the little bird alone with his work.
9. The little bird still tries his best to bring water back to the garden. The persimmon starts to green again. He is healthy and not sick anymore. The little bird is very happy. He sings happily on the persimmon branches. But little bird does not take a rest for long, he still continues his work to water the other trees in the garden.
10. One day there are noises from far away. The noises are getting closer. Then there comes the old birds that used to live in the garden. To their surprise the persimmon is even more green then ever, and many trees in the garden are alive.
11. They perch in the fence and ask uncle persimmon: “My dear persimmon, will you agree to let us stay again?”
Will the persimmon allow the birds to be with him again?
Let's read the full story to know what happen next....