Content Rating 4+
3.5 / 5
The George Institute for Global Health
Health & Fitness, Lifestyle IOS
Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, saturated fat, added sugar and kilojoules/calories. FoodSwitch has a database of packaged foods to help you identify those that are better for you.
In three simple steps, FoodSwitch can help you towards better health by reducing the salt, fat and sugar in your diet:
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera;
2. See simple nutrition information on the food you’ve scanned;
3. See similar foods that are healthier based on established nutrition criteria.
4. Identify Vegetarian products easily.
5. Compare up to 10 similar products at a time
FoodSwitch comes with handy filters to suit different health needs:
- FoodSwitch Classic is for anyone looking to make generally healthier food choices.
- SaltSwitch has been designed to help people lower their salt intake and is great for people with, or being treated for, high blood pressure.
- FatSwitch has been designed to help people with, or being treated for, high cholesterol
- EnergySwitch can help people choose foods lower in kilojoules/calories
- SugarSwitch helps people choose healthier foods with less total sugar
- You can view the nutrition information in two modes:
1. Traffic Light Labels – if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat;
2. Health Star Ratings – shows the overall healthiness of a product from 0.5 to 5 stars; the higher the star rating, the healthier the food.
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised lists.
- Help us track the food supply by sending us pictures of new foods.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why respected health organisations around the world like FoodSwitch!
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health. The UK version of FoodSwitch is a collaboration between Consensus Action on Salt, Sugar & Health (CASSH) and The George Institute for Global Health.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit www.foodswitch.co.uk
- Minor bug fixes
- Performance enhancements
- Functionality improvements