Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
Optical Dispensing Assistant 2
Medical, Utilities IOS
Optical Dispensing Assistant 2 for the iPad takes your progressive lens measurements to a new level of accuracy. Measure your client's pupil positions in multiple postures (sitting, standing, reading) to find the most accurate monocular PDs. No longer will you have to rely on marking dots on lenses!
Not interested in those large, expensive measurement devices provided by the large laboratories? Then Optical Dispensing Assistant 2 is for you. It uses an iPad and NOTHING ELSE to provide hyper-accurate measurements. That's space and cost savings to your business.
You can also use Optical Dispensing Assistant 2 as an electronic mirror to aid clients in choosing their frames. Each job allows you to record multiple images using the iPad's camera.
Use it as a brilliant marketing tool so your client can email their friends to show them their great new glasses, or take a printed copy home to show family.
Using the gyroscope and accelerometer of the iPad to ensure accurate alignment, the iPad camera is used to take an image of the patient wearing the chosen frame. The touch-screen of the iPad is then used to mark the pupil and frame locations to provide the progressive lens height measurements. To measure monocular PDs, the iPad is held like a book and an image of the patient looking at near is used to determine individual eye convergence when reading.
Pantoscopic tilt and vertex distance can also be measured using images taken from the side. Frame wrap can also be measured allowing you to have all the information you need for advanced progressive lenses.
Are you frustrated when trying to measure sunglass frames with tinted lenses? Optical Dispensing Assistant 2 has a special Sunglass Overlay feature that will solve your problems. Watch the videos on our website and be amazed!
Optical Dispensing Assistant uses specific knowledge of the iPad camera to ensure near PDs are accurately calculated. All iPads (apart from the original iPad 1 without camera) are supported.
Forget dotting lenses and relying on positioning yourself correctly. The Optical Dispensing Assistant 2 ensures you have the iPad correctly positioned and aligned to maximise the accuracy of your progressive lens measurements.
Optical Dispensing Assistant 2 is an upgrade to the original version, incorporating a host of new features:
- Unlimited images can be taken for each job. There is no longer a four image limit.
- Results from multiple images can be combined to produce a single result.
- Near measurements allow more accurate determination of unequal monocular PDs.
- Final results are a combination of near and distance measurements (near measurements are used for monocular PDs, distance measurements for OC heights).
- Frames with tinted lenses such as sunglasses can now be measured with the new "Sunglass Overlay" feature.
- Printing and emailing of job results has been added.
- Substantially faster with no crashes.
- Fully designed for iOS 7 and above.
- Automatic face and eye detection allows automatic zooming to the face when marking up.
- User interface completely redesigned for improved efficiency.
- Zoom and scroll while marking tools are on screen.
- High-wrap frames supported.
- Ability to measure frames tilted from horizontal has also been added.
The app is provided free of charge, which allows you to make unlimited pantoscopic tilt and vertex distance measurements.
Multifocal measurements are charged at a small fee per measurement or rolling subscription, purchased via in-app purchasing.
Subscriptions renew automatically, at an interval you select (one month, six months or yearly). Payment will be charged to your iTunes account immediately once you commit to the purchase, and will renew automatically at the end of each period. You will be charged 24 hours before the current subscription expires, unless you cancel before then by visiting your Account Settings.
You can view our Terms of Service here:
A new feature:
- Visit Information and Settings to set up Siri voice commands to take a new photo or start a new job.
Some bug fixes including:
- Fixed inability to restore purchases