Content Rating 4+
1 / 5
Universal Piper - Bagpipe Lab
A lab to create your own bagpipes:
- Four accurately recorded bagpipes : chanters recorded note by note, drones recorded separately
- two GHB,
- a galician gaita,
- a uillean pipe in D
- Real drones starts,
- Complete access to volume, sound and tuning of each note of the chanter and drones to create your own bagpipe preset,
- Each instrument can be transposed plus/minus an octave,
- Switch to tempered tuning at any time,
Listen to Universal Piper on the website or SoundCloud : https://soundcloud.com/universal-piper
A complete effect rig:
- Effects dedicated to bagpipe : a customizable second voice, a humanizer (simulation of bag pressure change), a valve noise,
- Classic effects including equalizer, reverberation and spreader (stereo image enhancement),
- Effects from the guitar world : delay, flanger and vibrato.
Each configuration can be saved and called back any time.
To steer those sound capabilities, Universal Piper integrates an advanced MIDI controller management for live performance:
- For electronic chanter, to make it short, select your chanter and fingering in the list and Universal Piper does the rest. Still, you can go further managing several type of chanters, modify notes using custom or predefined mode (mixolydian, dorian,…).
- A MIDI input is also dedicated to MIDI keyboard and other instrument (EWI, sax,…).
All effects and sound parameters can be managed through MIDI (Program Change, Control Change, Note ON/OFF, Pitchbend are supported).
Universal Piper - Bagpipe Lab also integrates a MIDI and BWW file reader including tempo and grace notes (only BWW) adjustment.
Universal Piper - Bagpipe Lab is a Inter App Audio Generator you can integrate in your favourite DAW.
Finally, Universal Piper registered users on PC and MAC can share their sounds and presets with their iPad application.
(*) : Universal Piper is compatible with most of the MIDI electronic chanters and fingerings :
- Degerpipe : standard, extended,
- Degerpipe II : standard, extended,
- Degerpipe II+ : baroque, bechonnet, medieval, gaita, gaita extended,
- E-Pipe 15 : standard,
- Master Gaita : standard, asturian, french, GHB, galician, galician extended,
- OpenPipes : Bb3=MIDI 60,
- Redpipe : GHB standard, GHB minimal, GHB extended, France, gaita extended,
- Technopipe : GHB, asturian, galician closed, galician open, french half-closed, veuze, welsh, SSP, baghet, biniou, belarus, swedish, estonian, medieval, northumbrian, bulgarian, english
- Trino : Standard,
- Hevia : Standard
- p2chanter : GHB and smallpipes
- Generic Midi Chanter : Bb3=MIDI 70
Still, if your chanter is not in the list, please contact me. Universal Piper is CoreMIDI compatible including Bluetooth devices. An adapter, not included, such as iRig, MidiMobilizer, CameraKit, MIDI Puc, iodock, is required to plug your MIDI chanter or MIDI instruments.
Note : technochanter is not a MIDI chanter and therefore not compatible.
All factory instruments are now at least 2 octaves. The user instruments remain unchanged.
New user interface: entirely redesigned
Rotary button: maintain pressed or double click to center a rotary button.
New home page: gather the instruments main settings and improve visibility of the current instrument (formally preset)
New 440 Hz button: tune to 440 Hz in one click.
New harmony page: gather the tone, scale, drones tuning, second voice and MIDI chanter selection
Scale modification (formally mode management) can be set for each instrument and activated dynamically,
Vibrato (pitchbend) depth of your MIDI device can be tuned,
Effect page: gather all effects on a pedalboard
Pre-defined settings are available for each effect. You can access all the parameters choosing « custom »
New « import effects » function: this function allows you to import the effects configuration from another instrument in the current one.
Delay : set the tempo by value or tap tempo
Page magneto: gather a MIDI reader & recorder, a BWW reader and a metronome
New MIDI recorder,
Metronome can now play different beats.
New fine tuning page: gather all instrument tunings, chanter and drones, in one page
New “duplicate function”: you’ve tuned a bagpipe to your taste and would like to use this same tuning on another bagpipe? Easy! Select a bagpipe you want to tune, press “duplicate tuning” and select the bagpipe with the tuning you want to copy. A bit of drones fine tuning might be useful.
MIDI page: gather all settings to control Universal Piper with MIDI
New “automatic toggle detection” mode for all ON/OFF MIDI parameter : a short ON/OFF pulse will be interpreted as a toggle, a long ON/OFF sequence as a momentary switch
New MIDI controls: LA440, Glissando, delay tempo, chanter scale modification
New chanter stop delay following a note off reception. Allows you to ignore short silences.
New MIDI chanter: trino, degerpipe 2+ Baroque/Bechonnet/Medieval/Gaita/Gaita extended, p2chanter, hevia, more technopipes fingering
Hardware page: audio and MIDI input settings
You can now set your audio output as double mono output,
Supports Bluetooth MIDI adapters,
Automatic detection and activation of the MIDI inputs
Inter App Audio support